Sunday, September 14, 2014

Abby had another good week!



All,
I'm sorry this post is so late! It has been a hectic week and I'm a little overwhelmed!  I just want you all to know how much I appreciate your support.  Thank you for keeping up with Abby.  I'm so grateful for your thoughts and prayers.  Please direct all your good thoughts to Abby!
Love,
Lynn

PS.  For some reason Abby didn't get her dad's email for this week, so she is responding to my email. 
Mom,

This week was really good! We have an investigator that was being taught by the elders in Woodward Park, and we are now teaching him. He is getting baptized this month! We are so excited and I can't wait to watch him enter into those waters. We have some things we still need to work through with him but I know he will keep the commitment he made to be baptized. It's going to be an amazing feelings to watch him enter those waters.

Earlier this week, we had a miracle walk to our door--literally! We were at our apartment eating dinner because we didn't have a dinner that night. We heard our doorbell ring and we weren't sure who it could be so Sister Ard got up and looked through the peephole since I'm too short and thought it was the daughter of a man who feeds us occasionally in our apartment complex. But it wasn't. It was a Fresno State student who was taking a world religion class. She had seen us going to church on Sunday and wanted to know when the service was and where. She said she had to go to one for her class and she knew that we were members of a congregation. So we gave her the information and we're hoping she'll come soon! She didn't come yesterday, but she will come someday soon. Her stuff is due soon I think. I know that the Lord works in ways we can't understand so I know she'll feel the spirit when she comes to church and she'll want to learn more, even if it's not right away. It was a blessing from the Lord that day.

There is a family in Alluvial who is so good to us. We wanted some granola bars (the peanut ones you always get at Costco) and they had told us in the past if we ever needed anything from Costco to let them know. So we did. They went on Saturday and they got us granola bars and Lucky Charms. It was so amazing to feel their love for us and their desire to help us. They also told us this really cool missionary experience they had a few days earlier. Their neighbor across the street had a daughter who was getting surgery the next day. Her daughter wanted a blessing so they had called the mission office to see if they could get one. Sister Winter, the referral secretary, called us and asked if we could get someone to go, but we had the wrong address and the person who she called when she couldn't get a hold of us had the number but the woman didn't answer. Well, apparently she went across the street to the Burts' home (that's the family's name) and asked him if he knew anyone or could help her find someone to give her daughter a blessing. Brother Burt told her that he could do it. So he called his father and he and his father were able to give this woman's daughter a blessing. It was such a great story and I knew then that we had the wrong address because the Burts needed to do that. It was amazing.

I'm so glad Hunter's team is doing so much better this year! It makes me happy to hear that. And I'm so excited that the Beutlers moved back into the third ward. I love them so much! It'll be weird to see a different fridge and entertainment center. I'm praying for you and your classes. I hope you can feel them!

I love being here. I want everyone to know that. It's hard. It's the hardest thing I have ever done, but I know it's worth it. I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

Also, crazy story! We have an senior couple who's related to Adam (Adam is Abby's brother-in-law) and his family! Elder and Sister Winter. We were talking and she told me she had family in Idaho Falls and then she said the Snarrs. I was like, "No way! My sister married one!" She knows who Adam's dad is and his father too. I just thought it was strange! I've been serving with them for three months and I just now found that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment