Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Abby Made it to Fresno!


I'm here! And I'm safe! My plane ride was actually kind of fun. It was only a couple hours in which one of the elders in my district gave this guy a Book of Mormon and the man--Jeff--said he'd read it. It was really cool to listen to him teach. It was really nice to be able to talk to y'all today. I miss you and I love you. I'm a little overwhelmed here, but everyone keeps telling me it will get better. They are all so welcoming here. The senior missionaries here have all been really sweet and I've been here for three hours...Sister Williams, the housing person, gave me a big hug because I was so overwhelmed. I haven't met with President yet, but I'm getting ready to do that. I had a new temporary companion take me out tracting for about an hour and a half. It was kind of scary, but I talked to people! I even tried to give away one of the Books of Mormon I bought at the bookstore but the guy wouldn't take it even though I just knew it would help him. The temporary companion I had said he was in her area so she's going to find him. It was really cool, but I'm not entirely sure that I feel like I did anything to help the people we talked to. I'm overwhelmed now, but I know that God is aware of me and that He will help me through the next few weeks. I know my trainer will be amazing because God picked her :) I'll be able to meet her tomorrow! After we do all this stuff at the mission office, we get to go to the mission home for dinner, which will probably be amazing. I hope all is well for you all. Know that I am safe and that everyone here already loves me. I can feel your prayers and your love from here in Fresno. I pray for you every night and every day and I hope you know how much I love you all. You're an amazing support system for me and I am so grateful for you. I love you all so very much! Hope to hear from you soon!

Always <3,
Sister Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment