Monday, June 16, 2014

Ridiculous Ankle Biters!



Daddy,
Happy Father's Day! I just wanted to tell you that I thought about you all day yesterday, and I missed you, but I know that you were thinking of me too. I hope you got my card--I sent it last Monday, so hopefully you got it. It was weird not being at home on Father's Day, but I know God is blessing all of us for what I am doing.

Tracting is definitely hard, but this week I have seen some of the fruits that come from it. I think it's really the change of how I do things. I have gotten used to tracting--mostly. It is still hard, but if we make it fun, it isn't that bad. I enjoy it most of the time. I just have to keep reminding myself that we are planting seeds everywhere we go. Even if they don't accept us, they will eventually accept the Gospel and that is what matters. I have seen a lot of miracles this week. They may not seem like miracles but for this area they definitely are. We have been able to pray with many people this week and a few of them even told us we could come back. It was miraculous! And a former investigator that my companion taught called us on Saturday and told us she wanted to come to church. So we called a member in our ward (the Kuhns, who are absolutely amazing) and they agreed to pick her up. They were so kind to her. Emily's--the investigator--house just burned down a week and a halfish ago. She lost everything. It takes tragedies sometimes to get people to turn to God. But when she called it was like God was telling us that He was aware of our efforts in this area. And I know He is. It's always a miracle to feel that love God has for us and to see the way He works in our lives.

So...one of those ridiculous ankle biter dogs bit me the other day. But it's okay because his owner was interested in the Plan of Salvation so we are going to go back in a couple weeks to teach him! And also I took care of the bite, so it's okay. We called the medical coordinator and she instructed me what to do. It wasn't really a bit either. It was more like a nip. It still hurt and it did bleed a lot, mostly because it was on my ankle, but I put Neosporin on it and a Band-Aid and I will continue to do that.

I have noticed this week that we are definitely lead by the Spirit. Earlier in the week, we went to see a member who is going through a lot of stuff with their daughter. The dad told us that he was afraid he wouldn't see the missionaries again because neither of us really knew him. But we felt inspired to stop by and he was very grateful for that. We answered his prayer and it was really cool to see how that works.

I love you so much, and I pray for you and our family every day. I miss you, but I know that what I am doing is what I am supposed to be doing right now. I have to remind myself of that every day, but it's okay. As long as I remember. I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Reese


Mom,
I'm glad you got to write! I know you can be busy so it's okay. I am doing well and I feel like I have already grown so much...and then sometimes I feel like I'm going backward. But it's okay. I got my camera and my watch...was there a necklace in there too? I'll have to look. I should get the pictures and other things soon. We have Zone Conference on Wednesday so if they come in by then, President and Sister Gelwix will bring them.

This week was great! A lot better than last week. I am slowly learning to love tracting. I am getting used to talking to people and offering to pray or sharing a short testimony. It's the greatest feeling in the world to know that you are planting a seed. We had miracles, meaning we prayed with some people. We also met a couple potential investigators. One of them told us we could come back this week and the other one said we could contact him after July 2. The latter one had a dog that nipped my ankle, but it's okay because he was interested in our message. Some people don't even answer their doors. It's frustrating but we leave our pass along cards and we know we are always planting a seed.

I'm not a baseball fan. You know how much I love sports. I would probably not have enjoyed it as much. That's awesome that Hunter caught a fly ball though! Bet he was excited. Or maybe not. I don't know. Where did Dad go this week?? I didn't realize he had to leave. I was going to buy something for him but I couldn't think of what so I just sent a card. I may buy something and send it today though. I need to get Hunter a birthday present too. I'm glad Dad got my card and read it. I know I sent you all a letter and then him a card but I remembered on Monday last week that Father's Day was this week so I felt like I should send Dad a card.

We are going to go to Payless and look for shoes today. It'll be good. The brown ones I thought would work are a little too small. I am filling a box with stuff to send home, so I'll send that home probably sometime in the next month, when it's filled or when I feel like that is everything I want to send home. If you want to send me other shoes, that's okay too ;) We are going out today though so I'll find some. Maybe a couple pair. We'll see.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you. On Saturday, a former investigator, Emily, who my companion taught, called and said she wanted to go to church on Sunday. So we called the Kuhns, an awesome family that I just love, and they picked her up and brought her. Everyone was so good to Emily. About a week and a half ago, her house burnt down and she lost everything. Everyone fellowshipped her and some invited her to dinner and everything. We are confident that she will eventually find a desire to be baptized. We are going to continue teaching her and answering her questions. It was really great because I just knew this was God's way of telling us that He is aware of our efforts in this area.

One day this week, I was in a different area with Sister Monson, who I knew from the MTC, and Sister Wilkins, who is awesome. My trainer had a training meeting so I was just reassigned for the day. It was an awesome experience. Sister Wilkins has been out for six months and she says she's still learning, but I learned so much from her. She is so good at approaching people on the street and at their homes. We saw one of their investigators and it was interesting to see how they interacted with them. It made me want investigators to love and share with too. But I know we are getting to that point. Anyway, I get to go on exchanges with her sometime this week again and I'm excited! She's awesome!

We had a district meeting on Thursday, so I got to see one of my MTC District members. It was really good to see him. I miss everyone else though. Our Sister Training Leader called us this week, and told me that Elder Mo'O, who is in her district, told her to tell me that he loves me and to hang in there. I really needed to hear that, especially from someone that I got super close to. I miss all of my MTC district, but I already love my new one here. I know that I'll probably have to leave all of them eventually so I just have to get used to saying good-bye. I also asked for a blessing from one of the elders in our zone. He gave me an awesome blessing. I wasn't going to ask for one but they were dropping off our car after district meeting and they were here so I asked for one. I just felt like I needed one as soon as they came to the door. It was much needed and it helped me a lot.

I love you and I think of you everyday. Thank you for being you. I know that it is hard for me to not be at home, but I also know that this is the best thing I will do in my life up to this point, and I know God is blessing me and all of you at home because of it. I love you, and I will continue praying for you!

Always <3,
Sister Reese

(Abby wrote two emails to her Dad)


Dad,

I know I emailed you already, but I just realized that I have been gone for almost a month. It's so weird to think about! I no longer can say I have eighteen months. Now it's only seventeen! Actually, I already have my release date--It's December 2, 2015. It's weird to already know. We are required to exercise six days a week. We run for twenty minutes (or walk and run) and then we do a plank and we stretch. It's kind of limited because they made the exercise plan for us, but it's okay. I have gotten faster at running a mile. I even ran (and walked a little) two miles this morning! It felt good! It wakes me up!

Mom told me. I hope it was good!

Are you going to see Natalee and Gretchen? Tell them I said hi!

I already love my companion and I pray for all the ones I will have. I want to love them unconditionally so that when I do have the hard ones, I will remember there is a reason for it.

I can feel your prayers and I am so grateful for them. I know they are one of the things keeping me going.

I love you! Oh, hey can you send me more Hot Tamales? I am almost out and there isn't a Winco in our zone...Also, tell mom too look up Origami Owl. It's this jewelry thing that an investigator I met in another area does and there was some cute stuff!

Always <3,
Sister Reese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment