Monday, June 30, 2014

A Hard Week for Abby



Mom,

This week was hard. It was awesome, but it was hard. We had a whole bunch of meetings, and I got to see my MTC district again, which was great. I got a picture, but now I don't know when I'll see them again, but I know I will. I learned so much at these meetings. It's incredible to be able to receive inspiration for our investigators and for our area. President and Sister Gelwix gave their last training on Wednesday, so that was hard, but Sister Gelwix mentioned to me how much she had seen me change in the last three weeks since I'd gotten here and that she wanted me to come visit, or something along those lines. President Gelwix said, "I have seen you change in three weeks. You are going to be fine." It really helped me to remember that I will be okay, and I've tried to remember that this whole week.

We didn't have any success this week. Or that's how it feels. Our numbers were down, and I know I shouldn't focus on them, but the numbers represent people, and we didn't have those people. It was hard, especially when Elder Grisenti, our district leader, called us and asked what happened. He sounded so disappointed and I felt so...disappointed and ashamed, I guess. I don't want to be a disappointment and I know that as long as I continue to strive to do my best, we will be able to yield the best results. And I know that all of your prayers are helping. I can definitely feel them and I know what power they have.

My ankle is fine, by the way. It is mostly healed now, but we're probably going to see the guy who owned the dog this week. It's okay though. He will become a new investigator! Our plans for the Fourth are as yet up in the air. If we don't have members who will take us in for the night, we have to be in our apartment by 6:30. I will go stir crazy. But we think that the Kuhns, some of the most amazing members ever, will let us come over to their house, maybe watch a movie and fireworks with them. It'll be fun!

OH! I almost forgot. Did I tell you that Jenny Grunke emailed me? She emailed me last week and she said that she was proud of me and also that two sister missionaries knocked on her door. She let them in because she thought of me! Isn't that just the coolest thing ever?? It made my day!

My EFY CDs should be in one of the big CD cases by the TV. I'm pretty sure I put them in the less full one. If you can't find them, you can always buy gospel music CDs for me :)

I love the Ensign! I can't read it until after my training period, but I'm excited that we get them. I'm glad you shared that quote with me because I needed it. I felt like a total failure this week and I don't like feelings that way. I am striving everyday to find those people who are prepared and I am striving to become exactly obedient. I know God is aware of that.

I'm so glad that I have the support of my family. It has been a blessing and I know that you are always going to be there for me. Also, I have been praying for Dad because I know he is at Scout Camp this week and he was probably really stressed. Like always.

I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

Dad,

This week was hard, but I know that I will do better in the upcoming week. We had 0's in our key indicator report and that meant that we didn't teach any nonmembers. It was hard to face that reality and I was so disappointed in myself. Then Elder Grisenti, our district leader, called and he sounded disappointed and it was hard to handle. We can always do better and I know that we will as we continue on with faith in God and Christ and with love for those we are serving.

I remembered you were going to scout camp this week so I was praying because I know how stressed out you get while you are getting ready to go. I wasn't sure if Hunter was going with you this year or not, but I assumed not since he has summer school.

(We went to see West Side Story at the Nampa Civic Center) Was that the one Karinya was in? I'm sad I didn't get to see it, but I bet it was good. The storyline is messed up, but it is so true how the world is. I am working hard to touch the lives of many while I am here and I know I can do it as I rely on Christ.

That dog is such an idiot sometimes. (She is talking about our beloved dog, Duke :) But he's so funny and strange and I miss him. I have decided that I don't like small dogs. Because of the one that bit me actually. I miss my German Shepherd mix dog. Oh, we met a guy who had a German shepherd/lab mix. He kind of looked like Duke but his fur was a little lighter. I wish I could have gotten a picture. He reminded me of Duke a lot.

Was Albuquerque hot?? (Bill went to Albuquerque for work) It's supposed to get up to 112 degrees this week here in Fresno! I'm not really looking forward to it. But God will protect us.

So my companion just found out her best friend's family is moving to Middleton soon! Their last name is Garrett. You'll have to look out for them!

Dad, I love you and I know that you are praying for me. I can feel you prayers. Thank you so much for all you have done and do for me. I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment