Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Conference Week



So, Abby got two emails from us this week; the ones we sent last week and the ones we sent this week.  Yay!


Dad,

Conference was amazing! I loved all the talks and I got a lot out of it. I have lots of pages of notes from it and it was really cool. We watched the Sunday sessions at the stake center, which I have never done before. It was pretty cool, but I miss home sessions of general conference. We watched the first session on Saturday at the second counselor to the bishop's home and the second session at our dinner's home. It was really cool but it made me think of home and what you all would be doing. It's okay though. I ended both days with a smile and with a resolve to do better.

I am glad you got to got to the priesthood session. I can't wait for the general conference ensign to come out! Hopefully I'll get my own copy. I noticed many of the Apostles look old. It made me sad because I love them all. They all gave great talks and I don't want to lose any of them. The basic message I got from conference was all about the Savior as well. Also to follow the prophet. Meet the Mormons will be a great tool to show everyone who we are as a church and as people. There were some people who watched it before who said that they would let missionaries in after watching it. Not for the doctrine but because we are people.

I got Mom's email this week. I got everyone's email this week. Well, yours and Mom's. I haven't checked to see if I got one from Hunter yet...Oh, did you get the package I sent for your birthday? I wasn't sure if it would get there or not...I hope it did though!

I haven't gotten Grandma's package yet but my zone leaders might have it for me today! We are going to the stake center and they will be there so I'll check with them. I am also waiting for my hymnbook and a flash drive from you...have you sent it? It's probably with our zone leaders if you have.

I will pray for the soccer team! I really want them to make it to state this year! It would make me so happy! Even though I'm not there to see it. You can take pictures and videos maybe?? Haha, just kidding. I am sad that I will miss his last season too, but I know it's for a good work and we are all being blessed for it.

I love the temple! Next time we go, I really want to take a family name. Do you think you could do some work and give me a name to take through? I really want to be able to feel that close connection with families and I know there is a lot of work that we can do on Mom's side of the family. That's so crazy that Mom isn't the only member on the Luckey side! I thought for sure she would be. I hope you do end up doing some family history. I would like to but I feel like I have so little time to do anything except missionary work! Even though that's work in itself.

We have a potential investigator named Pete who is really awesome and I feel like he is prepared to receive this Gospel. He is going to set up an appointment with us after his wife gets home in about a week. I am hoping and praying that this will be the miracle that we have been waiting for.

Transfer call came on Saturday. Sister Lunddahl and I are staying together! I am so excited! There's so much work we can do in this area and I can't wait to see how it all pans our. We are finally starting to see the fruits of our labors and I am so very grateful to the Lord for showing us those miracles and for giving us hope that we are doing the right thing.

There are some members in Alluvial who are like family to me. I told them that I've been homesick and Kurt's automatic response was "How can we change that?" Melanie asked if I wanted her to call Mom and have her send some of my things from home, but I told her I would be alright. Know that I have family here and I have many people in my corner. It's great!

I was able to see Meet the Mormons this week. It was so good! I recommend it. Is it showing in Idaho theaters?? I hope so because it's a really great movie that shows who we are as members and people. I saw the elders I came out with and they gave me a blessing. I have been having migraines again and I went to the doctor on Thursday. They gave me a prescription for Imitrex. It has helped and I feel like it's getting a lot better now.

I love you so much, Dad. I am so grateful to have the support of my parents and to be here as a missionary. I know I don't have to worry about anything worldly while I am here because if I need something, I know you'll help me out with it. Thank you for everything. I miss you everyday but I know that I am doing great work here and it's what I am meant to be doing. I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

PS Do you want the wire hangers I took from home? I don't need them and they take up space. Also, will you pray for my companion, Sister Lunddahl? Her best friend's sister passed away and she just found out

Mom,

It's okay! I read it this week. When I sent my email, I hadn't gotten one from you or Dad so I figured you either were really busy or you just didn't send it on accident. But I did get it! I was kind of sad that I didn't get it last week, but that's okay. I saw it this week and I got to write you a letter! I am glad Hunter got my letters--I hope he writes me back or emails me soon because I haven't heard from him in a while.

I absolutely LOVED conference. I did got to the Women's Broadcast and that was awesome too. I loved President Uchtdorf's talk. Of course, I loved them all. I have at least a page on all of those talks. Conference this weekend was really good. We spent the Saturday sessions in two members' homes. One of them is the second counselor to the bishop and the other one was feeding us dinner so she invited us over to watch the afternoon session. I didn't even know she liked me that much! I got a lot out of conference, though it did make me feel a little homesick. It reminded me of what we would do every conference--that is to say, sit in our pajamas and watch it at home. But I still enjoyed every moment of it. I loved Elder Bednar's talk about why we are missionaries. My favorite comment was when he said, "Sometimes we are awkward..." It made Sister Lunddahl and I laugh. It's so true! We all have some awkward moments!

Our transfer call came on Saturday. I am happy to report that Sister Lunddahl and I will be staying together in Alluvial and Woodward Park! We were so happy. We have seen a lot of progress since she has come and we see the potential that can come. We were hoping and praying that we would be able to see those fruits together. I am sad though because Elder Moreno, who is one of my favorite elders, is going to Hanford. He was doubled out, meaning there are two new missionaries coming in where he was serving in the Spanish ward. They are sisters so we won't be the only sisters in the zone anymore! Crazy! But I am excited. Sister Ramos will be training a missionary from the MTC and she came out with me so it'll be great.

We have a potential investigator named Pete. He is super nice and his brother was just baptized. He said he would contact us to set up an appointment in a week because his wife is in Korea right now and he is super busy. But he seemed sincere and I truly believe he is prepared to hear our message. It's wonderful to see how much potential the Lord is placing in our path! He is blessing us because we are striving to do our best. I love it!

That's so cool that you met Sister Ard's best friend's mom! I forgot to tell you her first name, sorry. But I am glad you figured it out! I'll have to tell her you met them. We've been emailing. I miss her but I know that she is where the Lord needs her.
 
We have a part member family we are working with.. Becky is the nonmember and she has been progressing a lot. I think she knows that she needs to come to church but she thinks she isn't ready to make that step. Please pray that she will. She's one I have been working with since my first transfer and I want to see her progress before I get transferred. I love her with all my heart and it would make me so happy to see her make those covenants!

We got to watch the Meet the Mormons movie this week! It was SOOOO good. I really recommend it to everyone. It made me cry because there is a missionary mom in it that reminded me of when I was getting ready to serve. I got to see the elders I came out with and it was awesome! They gave me a blessing because I have been having migraines again. It was really nice to be able to have them do that.

I love you and I pray for you everyday. Often, I feel like giving up but if I feel that way, I think of you and everyone at home. I am not just doing this for me or for the Lord. I am doing it for my family too. I love you!

Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

PS Do you want me to send home the wire hangers I brought with me or should I just toss them? I don't need them and they take up space in my luggage.


No comments:

Post a Comment