Sunday, March 22, 2015

Abby's Birthday Wishes

Abby's email from February 16, 2015



Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm sorry if I worried you last week. I didn't mean to. I really was just struggling and needed to let it out. I'm still struggling but I'm doing a lot better this week. I told President about it in my email and he wants to talk....I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I will if he wants to talk. It might be good anyway to let things out.
This week was a lot better than last week though still difficult. Monday and Tuesday was really kind of not fun. Monday, as you know, we took a sister to the airport to go home. Then on Tuesday, we helped this woman, prepare for her baby shower this Saturday (as in the 21st) so that was really good. We had Sister Bennion with us and she's so fun. I'm really jealous though because she got transferred up to Modesto to be with Sister Hamilton, who, if you remember correctly, I was companions with at the MTC. most people I was at the MTC with are now up North. The only ones left in Fresno are Elder Bean, Sister West, and me. It's really sad. We are all in different zones too. Elder Bean was transferred and Sister West is in my first area right now. We are her and her new missionary--she's training!--are under our stewardship. The rest of Tuesday was kind of...long. The assistants gave us blessings though so that was nice. Elder Parkin knew exactly what I needed to hear. He told me a lot of different things but some of the things that stood out most to me were things like God knowing when I am feeling alone and that He just wants me to come to Him, and that there are people in our area who are prepared for my testimony, and to keep loving and supporting my companion. There was a lot more that I did write down in my journal but I can't remember it exactly right now. But it was really helpful and helped me get through that day. We ate with the Olsens that night and then headed over to the farewell for all the departing missionaries. Elder Wall, an elder who had been in our zone, went home so that was really sad. I got to see Melanie and Kurt Kuhn though! That was really awesome. I also got to see some other members from my last area so that was awesome. I loved seeing everyone. I love being around missionaries. I got to talk to other people i hadn't seen in forever. It was really great.

Wednesday was probably the best day of the week. We got to go on Open Your Mouth! We got to take new missionaries out. We took Sister Putnam and Sister Smith out. I took Sister Smith and Sister Russell took Sister Putnam out. And crazy story: They are both under our stewardship as sister training leaders! I'm really excited to work with them. Sister smith reminds me of me as a new missionary so I'm really excited to watch her grow just like I did. I remember coming back from Open Your Mouth when I was the new missionary feeling the same way Sister Smith did--like I hadn't done anything. So I hope I will be able to help her in some way. She is also in the same area I was in when I came out so that will be really awesome for her. She will learn to love the members. Just like I did.
I honestly don't remember Thursday and Friday all that well. They were long days though. that's for sure. We didn't do a lot this week. We did teach E but that was Saturday. We also saw M but we haven't been able to teach her since the elders left. It's kind of sad. we are trying though. We're working on helping her progress toward baptism.
Saturday did not feel like Valentine's Day at all. It as a pretty good day. We had a leadership meeting with our zone leaders and they brought me donuts and sang to me! So that was really sweet of them. I appreciated it so much. The Spanish sisters made me brownies. It was really awesome. We were supposed to eat lunch with the assistants because they promised for my birthday. But they were super busy. So we are eating with them on Tuesday instead. We saw this less active recent convert that day too. She is super sweet and she helped us out so much. It was really awesome.
Sunday was a pretty good day! Everyone sang to me, which you know how much I love (not really). but it was really great because they were all sweet for remembering. I got texts from missionaries that remembered and that was awesome. My district leader was great and was the first to text us. And the zone leaders and then this companionship that I don't know that well did too so it was sweet. Melanie texted too. It made my day! the Olsens fed us dinner and made a whole bunch of Italian food. It was so good! And they got me one of those super awesome and chocolatey Costco cakes. It was yummy! Then Sister Robinson, a really great member, had cake and ice cream for me. While we were there, the assistants called and sang to me! It was really sweet and great. It made my day. I loved it.
I have bad news though. I have not received anything for my birthday as of yet. The zone leaders didn't go to the mission office so I will have to wait until Friday to get all my gifts. But it's okay! I am grateful for everyone who remembered and I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.

I love you all! Please know how grateful I am to be a missionary. I love this Gospel with all my heart and I am so grateful for the wonderful people here. i know this Gospel is true and I know it changes lives. Thank you for everything.
Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment