Wednesday, November 18, 2015

New Investigators, Exchanges, and Shopping!



11-09-15
Dear Family,
This week was a really productive one! At least more than last week. We found FOUR new investigators, and we taught a lot of lessons! We didn't teach that many last week. It was a rough week. This week was great though!
On Monday, I don't really remember what we did during preparation day. We went to the O’s like we always do, and we ended up going shopping with her and some of her kids! It was just like shopping with Mom, except it wasn't MY mom. It was fun though! She got us a treat and everything, just like you used to do. It felt like home. We ate dinner with them too. So that was really good. Then we saw I A for another new member lesson. We are SO CLOSE to being done with them. He won't be a recent convert in December so we're trying to finish before that happens. We saw H and FINALLY finished general conference. I think he really liked it and I think it helped him. He is progressing more and more now, and he is praying to know if he should be baptized before I go home. I really want him to be, but I don't want him to if he's not ready. (D&C 88:125)
Tuesday we had district meeting which was almost like zone meeting. But Elder W asked me to share my testimony on how the mission can change you so that was a definite blessing. It got me thinking about how the mission really had changed me. It has changed my life. It has changed who I am. I am so grateful for this experience. I don't know where I would be or what I would be without it. I just love serving here and I love these people so much and because of that, I know I will be more prepared for my future. We saw Sister H after district meeting. She is moving so it was luck that got us to her before she moved. Then we saw M M for a church tour! It was really good. I think she really liked it. A member who is friends with her was there and she likes to talk but it was okay. I played the piano for them and Sister P and Sister T, the member with us, sang a song. It was cool! We ate with the M’s and I played their piano! The only recital piece that I remember. We didn't see a lot of people after that. We tried by some but none of them answered. So we went to see Brother H for a minute and interrupted a date so we didn't stay long. It was good though! (Alma 34:9-10)
Wednesday was a good day! Well, kind of. We saw Sister L. That was good. Then we saw F with H A. We then went to the O’s. We went through clothes for the P’s. We weren't able to see them this week because they kept cancelling but it was okay. We ate with the M’s and Brother M talked about his mission in Germany! It was cool. Then we went to mutual and started to make aprons! The beehives invited us so that was a lot of fun! (D&C 19:16-19)
Thursday, we saw Sister J in the morning and then we saw the O’s. Sister O is helping me make my farewell invitations! I appreciate it a lot. We saw M at her home and taught the Restoration. It was really great! Her kids are so sweet. One of them is really engaged and the other one isn't really. The youngest doesn't really pay attention but that's okay. We ate with the L family and it was fun! I love them a lot. We saw H again and Bishop came with us! It was really good! He made a really good point. He talked about studying your decision first and then making it and THEN praying, but God isn't going to give us an answer until we're ready to do it. Brother H talked to us for a few minutes after that. It was good! (Alma 32:15-16)
Friday we went on exchanges after we weekly planned. I went to the Spanish area again with Sister R! It was cool. We tried to contact a few people in Clovis which happened to be in Cedarwood, except these people were Spanish so they weren't in Cedarwood. It was really weird. We then had dinner with a really sweet family. I couldn't understand them but Sister R translated for me. We saw an investigator after that and then nobody answered the door or they were busy. So that was cool. (D&C 76:22-24)
Saturday we exchanged back in the morning and then we did mormon.org time. We were able to see the M’s after weeks. It was good. P is so sweet. He will be a great missionary. They all came to church on Sunday finally! It was been a really long time since they were all there. R wasn't. But that's normal now. We did service for H and C. It was good! Then we ate dinner--Sister H gave us a pizza. It was artichoke and bacon and chicken...yum...then we taught M. And then we were finally able to get into the H's! It was really good. It has been so long since we've seen them. (Alma 33:11)
Sunday was a really good day. At first I felt a little off but it got better. It was cool. We had three investigators at sacrament! H sat with us because C spoke. We ate dinner with them! It was really good. After dinner with saw U C. Then we we saw Sister H for a little while. It was good. We did much better than last week. (3 Nephi 18:24--my ponderize scripture for the week!)
Today Sister O took us shopping for boots. She was so sweet. The whole family came with us except Brother O. She bought us both two pairs of boots. My one pair is beaten up so they just bought me more. I feel really grateful but also a little selfish. They really went for Sister P, but then they offered for me too. I just...I just love them all so much. I don't know how I'm going to leave them.
I love you all! Thank you for all your support!
Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment