Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Zone Conference, Departing Testimony, and Temple Trip

11-16-15



Dear Family,
This week was a pretty crazy week! We had a lot going on and we even found some new investigators. We slimmed down our investigator pool this week so new ones are definitely needed.
On Monday, I think I already mentioned we went shopping. We got two pairs of boots, but I may send one back. It has a heel and isn't super comfortable. We saw the O’s and I just love them. P's birthday is today (November 16)! We are going to celebrate! I am so excited for him. We saw D and her husband. We just stopped by. They let us in when we just stop by. Brother H came with us. It was pretty great. We got to teach her husband for the first time! He drinks...heavily. We saw H after that. It was really great. We did Family Home Evening with them! It was good. C wanted to teach us about FHE so she and H could do it. (Alma 34:36)
On Tuesday we had district meeting. It was good. I don't really remember what we talked about...OH YEAH! We talked about teach people, not lessons, and How to Begin Teaching. It was good! I am trying to memorize the bullet points. We ate lunch at the O’s. Sister O stopped by our apartment that morning and helped us with some stuff. She dropped off Sister P's clothes. Then she invited us to lunch so we could work on my farewell invitations! IT was good! We saw M after that. She is so great. She didn't come to church though :( We did have stake conference and they can fit the whole stake in one building! Except the Spanish ward. We saw the U’s. They are pretty great. Then we ate dinner with the P’s. They are really great. She made chicken spaghetti! It was yummy! We finished our aprons with the beehives. The woman who texted y'all was Sister M! But the picture was of me and Sister F, who is the second counselor in Young Women. They are both awesome. (Alma 36:3)
Wednesday, we had zone conference! We talked a lot about obedience. President C did this really cool thing where he had this piece of long wood. He put blocks on there of our tools/principles/things we give. Then on the other end he put what God's give. In the middle it was our missionary purpose according to faith. The bigger the fulcrum, the closer we would get to God. The fulcrum was our obedience. I wish I could send a picture! It was really cool. I loved it. I also got to bear my testimony as a departing missionary. That was really weird. There were only two of us at this zone conference. Sister W and I. It felt so surreal. I can't believe how close it is. Afterward, Elder H (J, Ma's ex) came up to me and told me how sad he was that I am going home. I didn't expect that. I never had the opportunity to serve around him. He was in Modesto when I was in Hanford and now he's in Fresno North. So at least I got to see him at zone conferences. He said he would be at my farewell so I will hopefully get a picture! And then Elder M, who is an assistant and an elder I came out with, told me how sad he was. I just really can't believe how close it is. It's super weird. We ate dinner with the B’s and then we went to mutual because it was young women in excellence! It brought back so many memories for me! I just love those girls so much. The young women here are so tight knit. It's so cool to see. We taught H and ended up using President's fulcrum idea with him. We talked about obedience. It was really great. The spirit was really powerful and Brother M, our member who was there, added so much to it. It was really great. (...WE WON SECOND PLACE FOR CAR CHECKS! And we didn't even try that hard...)
Thursday was temple day! But don't worry; I have another trip to make. The day after Thanksgiving. I also got my departing information so I know when I'm leaving and my schedule for the next couple weeks. I love the temple so much. It is one of my favorite things. I will hopefully be able to go pretty regularly when I come home. Sister H took us to the temple. I will send a picture! It was really fun! She took us to Mexican afterward. It was great. We ate dinner with the M’s! K said they were going to come to my farewell and A is getting ready to go through the temple. But K asked her to wait for him! He will be baptized soon. I just know it. We saw R, a nonmember whose grandparents are members. Her grandparents live up near Turlock which isn't even in our mission. We saw Brother H. He's pretty great. I just love him so much. (Mark 5:34)
Friday was fun! WE weekly planned and had two appointments cancel on us! But then we taught F at her husband's sister's house. It was great! We saw the P’s after that and then we got to go to the youth activity that night. It was a nerf war! It's totally something the youth in our ward should do! I was terrible at it. We played this game called Zombie and there was one zombie who had to touch us all but if we shot him he was dead. And we spread out around the church. Sister Putnam and I stayed with the O’s for the duration. C was my body guard. A boy grabbed my ankles...that was weird. After that we saw F and J! I haven't seen them in so long. It was really great! They are coming to my farewell too! (Alma 37:14, 16-17)
Saturday was an interesting day. We finally finished my farewell invitations and we are going to send them as soon as I can this week! It'll be...interesting. We saw R again. She's sweet. She is lonely though. Then we ate dinner with the K's. They are sweet. We went with H and C to the adult session of stake conference and President and Sister Clark spoke! Also, I got to see the R’s from Cedarwood! It was so great! I miss them so much. I got to see a lot of people from Cedarwood. H got us McDonald's afterward. That was cool! (Alma 37:33, 36-37)
Sunday we had stake conference. I got to see P M, a less active I taught a couple times when he first wanted to come back to church--he remembered me!-and Sister O (did you know the junior O’s moved to Meridian??), the L’s, and R! I am sure there's more but those are the only ones I remember. We had more time to work so that was cool. We tried by a couple people but no one answered. Then we ate dinner with the H’s. They made me taquitoes from Costco!! I was so excited! I miss those. We saw the C’s for a little while. I love them a lot. Then we found a new investigator! The Ventura (Spanish) sisters passed off an investigator to us! It was great! She's really sweet :) (Alma 38:5)
I just love this ward so much and I love everyone here. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve here. I love these people and I didn't know I could love people as much as I love these people. I hope you all are doing well too! Thank you for your support. I love you all!!
Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment