Monday, October 12, 2015

Elder and Sister Arnold of the Seventy, the Priesthood, and Being Sick



09-28-15

Dear Family and Friends,
So...this week was really hard. But I think I'm doing better. I think.
On Monday, the O's were kind enough to feed us dinner before our appointment for that night. We got to see the P's. I just love them so much. They fame to church this week! So that was exciting. They only stayed for sacrament because P didn't feel well, but at least they came! We went back to the O's for dessert and then we saw H and C. It was a rough lesson. All of them were a little rough that night. But it was okay. We know we are doing our best. (Mosiah 3:7)
Tuesday we had a special person come to our mission! Elder Arnold of the Seventy and his wife came to speak to us. They trained on some really good stuff. Sister Arnold gave a really great training prior on self esteem. So that was really cool for me. I got a lot out of that one. Then we had some trainings by President and Sister Clark. President trained on becoming a mast teacher and Sister Clark trained on Jacob 5. I love that chapter as it is all about the gathering of Israel. And so missionary work is involved! I loved it. We talked a lot about how we can apply it so that was really cool. then we had a training by Sister Arnold on being genuine. I realized that I am not as genuine as I thought I was. I am going to work on being genuine. then Elder Arnold trained us on...well, a lot of things, honestly. He was really good friends with Elder Scott and he got the call that Elder Scott had passed away while he was with us so he announced it to us. That was pretty sad. I think I cried. Right after the announcement, Elder McGovern gave a musical number of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives." It was really powerful. then we talked about this case study of a missionary a few years ago who was really good at working with members. We will be discussing that for district meeting tomorrow. We tried by a couple people before dinner after conference, but no success. We ate dinner with the M's. they have a son in Alluvial, my first area so that was really cool to find out. Then we saw L N. That was interesting. We are trying to not give up on her. She keeps trying to get us to her church. Even though she's a member of this church. We saw Brother H that night because I really needed a blessing. I was feeling really inadequate after Elder Arnold's training, but Brother H gave me a blessing and it all worked out. I don't have any scriptures today because we were at zone conference :)
Wednesday was a pretty good day. We saw Sister Ji and watched Legacy with her. She's really sweet...but she won't come to church. We saw Sister M, finally! She's pregnant and guess what?? Her daughter's name is Abby! That made me smile a little. We saw Sister  before dinner and then we went to the M/s. It was fun! After them we went to see H and C again. H didn't get baptized this week but we did watch a really good movie that we think may have helped--Emma Smith: My Story. I remember watching it in theaters when it first came out. Something Emma says in the movie is this: "Strength isn't something you have; it's something you find." And then at the end she tweaks it a little bit: "Strength isn't something you have; it's something God helps you find." Lucy Mack Smith says somewhere in there too: "Being strong can be a very lonely thing." I really needed those things. (Moroni 7:41)
Thursday, we had a pretty good day. We saw Sister L and shared a good message with her. She's having a baby boy like Natalee! And they are around the same age too :) We did some service for Sister Ounesavath so that was fun. Then we saw the s for dinner. It was really good! she is so strong. We saw V H after that who is very sweet. She has gone through a lot in her life. So that was good. (Mosiah 7:33)
Friday was a little rough. Sister Putnam was sick, kinda. She had a cold, we think. At first we were thinking a sinus infection but now we think it's a cold. We hope that's all it is. We ate dinner with the H's and they made homemade pizza! That was really good. We saw M. That was fun. Brother H is pretty great too. We love him. So earlier on Friday, I was feeling a bit of pain in my stomach and so I was thinking it was something I ate and it would go away. Except it didn't. I couldn't sleep that night and tried keeping myself busy by reading and trying to find a way to occupy myself. But I couldn't. So around midnight, I woke up Sister Putnam and she stayed up with me and helped me to know what to do. I was in a lot of pain which I am not used to. I've never handled physical pain well. We called Brother L and he and Brother W came and gave me a blessing at 1 a.m. It was very sweet of them. I was able to sleep the rest of the nice and the next morning I called Sister H. (Moroni 7:47-48)
Saturday we didn't do much. I was commanded to stay in bed per Sister H's orders. I was going crazy but i was also in a lot of pain so it helped to sleep. but if I moved it hurt a lot. I did eat a tiny bit of soup and that was it. I slept for most of the night until our dinner right before women's conference. I learned a lot! I loved Sister Wixom's talk and how she talked about the miracle of children and our divinity. Then I really loved Sister Reeves as she talked about the divinity of women too and the power we have in every tool God has given us. I loved Sister McConkie's just because of how powerful she was. And then President Uchtdorf's was just really awesome. It helped me to know we can always be happy, not matter what. I loved it! We saw Brother Hoffman afterward and that was fun. (I don't have scriptures because I didn't study.)
Sunday was awful. I was in so much pain at church. Sister O took me home second hour to try to help. she had me take vitamin C and then eat an apple. I felt bad since it was fast Sunday but I didn't know what else to do. Sister H called us during our break the fast and so we talked to her. The day before she had thought it would be anxiety but it wasn't that. Then it was a bladder infection but I was just in so much pain that I couldn't move much. So she said to call the doctor in the morning. My fever spiked up to one hundred degrees for just a couple minutes last night too so that was great. We were able to teach two people though! So that was good. Sister O had us come over and she took care of me for a little while. This ward has been exactly what I need as I go through this. I don't like it at all but I know God has a purpose for it. (Mosiah 16:9; 17:9-10)
Today I went to the doctor and found out I have a Urinary Tract Infection...yay! And the one medicine I am allergic to is the one he wanted to give me. But he didn't. He gave me some other medication and said if the symptoms don't start to feel a little better in the next few days to let him know. I may be stuck inside for the majority of the next few days which sucks. I don't like staying in. I go crazy. But if that's what I need to do to recover, I'm sure I can do it.
The O'hs have been really great this week helping me out. I really love them. I also appreciate the L family and the W's for allowing their husbands and fathers to give me a blessing. It was really great of them.
I love you all!
Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment