Monday, October 12, 2015

Transfer Call, the Sequoias, and Lots of Teaching!



09-07-15


Dear Family,
This week was super successful! And I learned something really sad but important: Loving your investigators and those you teach is not always enough to help them progress. Sometimes, they still don't recognize the spirit and the truthfulness of the gospel. It's a hard lesson to learn.
Monday was a good day. I feel like we accomplished a lot and got a lot done. We went to the Ounesavaths before Preparation Day was over and played Clue. They had to put their dog down so that was sad. We cheered them up though and had pizza for dinner with them! M is doing wonderfully. Her birthday was the 30th so that is great. We picked up our laundry and Sister L is just so wonderful. She's new in the gospel--only been a member three years and I tend to forget that because it seems like more to me. She's sweet. (Alma 48:11-13)
Tuesday was a district meeting that we learned a lot in. I honestly can't remember what we were trained on...but it was really good! OH YEAH. It was the power of prayer and the power of the Book of Mormon. It was good! I really need to make sure people understand the importance of both. We found a new investigator! She's Baptist and super nice. She's black and really open. She doesn't think God is going to tell her that Joseph Smith is a prophet but I know if she prays sincerely then she will get an answer. we ate dinner with TJ who is not even in our ward but his mom is. He made us dinner and we ate outside. We had a really good conversation with him. We taught the P! I just love them. We set a baptismal date for October 17 which, ironically enough, is the end of the next transfer. OH YEAH I FORGOT! SISTER PUTNAM AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER IN KINGS CANYON ANOTHER TRANSFER! Now that I got that out of the way :) They are so willing to commit and do the things we ask of them and they feel the spirit. It's wonderful. They didn't make it to church because her uncle was in a car accident...Satan works hard. Annette Morris is a less active who is really sweet and I love her. she's really talkative. (2 Nephi 2:3)
We had THREE MEMBER PRESENTS on Wednesday...that's something we've been working on. Member presents. We tend to forget we need a member until the very last minute. H A came out with us and we were able to see two investigators--F and J. It was really good. One lesson was very spirit filled and the other was a tad distracting. It was great. The N have a lot of knowledge and we love them. They were our dinner. We finally got in contact with the D. They are really great though. they just...gave us food. It was sweet. Then we taught H who I love a lot. He and his wife, C, took us to the sequoias today! It was so fun and I'll send pictures! Brother P is a great fellowship for them. (2 Nephi 4:20)
Thursday was still pretty successful. We were able to stop by the O' and drop something off. Quick visit. The F are still doing pretty good. They still haven't come to church in a few weeks but that's okay. the baby is coming soon! She is due September 14. Sister P still doesn't know when she is getting out of the rehabilitation center which is sad. The Hs (not Bishop) are super funny and she is a wonderful missionary. She said she is giving her friend a Family Proclamation and a pamphlet. We contacted a part member and now they are going to feed us soon! It was great. I love Brother H. So much. He is great. He made us a DVD of his concert. One of them. And he is making us something with our Native American name on it. He's great. We are seeing him tonight too :) (Psalms 56:4)
We had a Lao lesson on Friday. It was interesting. Everything that we said got translated to P but not a lot that they said got translated to us. It was fun though! The S's are super sweet. We weekly planned for a lot of the day and then we went to Red Robin for dinner where the policies have changed. It was interesting. But I got my favorite burger! I loved it. And their campfire sauce is really good. We talked with this less active woman for a while. She's super sweet. V H. I love her little child. J. But he calls himself Racer Prime because he LOVES Transformers. (D&C 50:2930)
We took C M out with us on Saturday. We didn't see a ton of success--the P forgot we were coming and weren't there. I was really sad. But they are coming to the farewell tomorrow! So that'll be fun. We did see the O before we went to Bishop H daughter's baptism. L. She was super sweet. Then we taught H again! We played a game with him that was the vision of the tree of life. It was a lot of fun! Ca made it on her mission :) (2 Nephi 9:52)
We had a good Sunday. I was feeling a little down because I was just feeling unloved for some reason. Which really shouldn't matter but it did. And so while I fasted, I said a prayer that God would just help me and He did! Brother H and Sister H and Brother H all talked about how much they love us as their sister missionaries. Brother H exhorted everyone to have us in their home. It was pretty great. God knows what we need. We taught I after church. He gets distracted really easily. We ate dinner with the F. I absolutely LOVE them. they are so funny. They are feeding us again on the 18th and taking us to the Spaghetti Factory. I am SO EXCITED! Then we taught J and R. It was good. Good lesson. Short but good. (1 Nephi 19:9; Moroni 7:45-48)
Today we went to the sequoias! It was so fun! I took a lot of pictures and can now check that off my bucket list :) It was pretty great. I love the M. They are so funny. We don't have a lot of time to accomplish everything else though, unfortunately.
I love being here. I love seeing the progress that the people we teach are making. I did learn this week that God's opinion is the one that matters. We may not feel confident or worthy but God things we are. He knows we are.
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Always <3,
Sister Abigail Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment